The Corporate Volunteering of Smurfit Kappa Colombia seeks to promote and strengthen the participation of its employees and families in activities that generate well-being and improve the quality of life of the communities that are part of the Company’s areas of influence.
Thanks to an alliance with the Orbis group, and teamwork among employees of Smurfit Kappa, the Foundation, students and teachers of the institution, and people from the neighbouring community; children and young people are educated in appropriate spaces. During these painting days there is an atmosphere of commitment, teamwork, happiness and solidarity.
The facades and interiors of the halls, courts, bathrooms and communal areas of the institution are painted. In addition, in the month prior to the activity, a group of volunteers from the Company and contractors make improvements so that the facilities are adequated and prepared forundertaking the painting day.
- Sagrada Familia Institution
- Tenjo, Palmira, Valle del Cauca
- 274 Volunteers
- Improvement of facades, interiors and communal areas. (1,450)
- John F. Kennedy Institution
- Lleras Neighborhood, Yumbo, Valle del Cauca
- 330 Volunteers
- Improvement of classrooms internally and externally (3,300 )
- Manuel María Sánchez Institution
- Puerto Isaacs Neighborhood, Yumbo, Valle del Cauca
- 250 Volunteers
- Improvement of facades, interiors and communal areas (2,300 ).
- Housing of Puerto Isaacs Neighborhood, Yumbo, Valle del Cauca
- 300 Volunteers
- Improvement of facades in 73 homes, 3 murals, Installation of railings and handrails.